Good posture is a sign of strong core stability. Back, abdomen and buttock strength is a critical component in maintaining an upright posture.
Here are a few tips that can help improve your posture:
– Strengthen your back, buttocks and abdomen with a few daily strengthening exercises targeting those areas specifically.
– Stand up and lift your sternum or the front of your chest – keep your shoulders relaxed. Think of having a light shine forward from your chest and this will naturally lift the sternum.
– Pretend you are walking like a model – upright and relaxed. Keep your head high and shoulders relaxed as you walk smoothly down the catwalk!
– Pretend you have a wire threaded through your spine and it is lifting lengthwise through to the top of your head as you walk, sit or stand. Keep your shoulders relaxed and breathe well.
– Move often and avoid being in just one position for hours at a time. Staying in one position (such as sitting watching the TV or at the computer) for several hours will make the muscles more receptive to pain.
So, a good motto is: ‘the next posture is the best posture’.
Hope this helps.
#movebetterforlife #posture #nextpostureisthebest
Photo by Freepik https://loom.ly/K8N37Bs