IMPROVE YOUR BALANCE AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF FALLS
What is it?
A weekly class tailored for people living with general unsteadiness on their feet, a fear of falling or a history of falling. There is a client education focus and also a circuit exercise program that focuses on strength and balance exercises as well as self-awareness techniques.
Classes are small allowing individual attention and are run by a qualified facilitator.
Our classes run in two x five week blocks over a 10 week term.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothes to exercise in.
Can I claim classes on my health fund?
Yes. Check your individual cover and speak to our reception staff about how to claim on your health fund.
Do I need a referral or an initial assessment?
You do not need a doctor’s referral. A musculoskeletal assessment is undertaken by one of our physiotherapists. This allows us to determine the suitability of the class for your individual needs and to design your exercise or treatment program.
- Living Longer, Living Stronger - Men OnlyWednesday, 10:00 am - 10:45 amTamworth
- Active BalanceWednesday, 10:30 am - 11:15 amArmidale
- Hipsters - Hip and Knee GroupWednesday, 1:00 pm - 1:45 pmArmidale
- Aquasize - UNE PoolThursday, 8:30 am - 9:15 amUNE Pool
- Body BoomersThursday, 9:00 am - 9:45 amArmidale
- Health & Fitness Class - Tamworth GardensThursday, 9:00 am - 9:45 amTamworth
- Living Well with Parkinson's DiseaseThursday, 10:00 am - 10:45 amTamworth
- Better BalanceThursday, 10:30 am - 11:15 amArmidale
- Women's GroupThursday, 3:00 pm - 3:45 pmTamworth
- Body ReformThursday, 4:15 pm - 5:00 pmArmidale