We have an interest in Women’s Health, including the assessment and treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction and incontinence. In pre and post pregnancy we work with you to retrain core stabilising muscles to assist with normal bladder and bowel function.
At Move Better for Life we understand every woman’s physiotherapy needs are unique. We work closely with your referring doctor or gynaecologist to achieve the best outcome for you.
We are passionate about providing caring, sensitive, and thorough assessment and management of your individual issues.
- Advice, assessment and treatment of:
- Urinary incontinence or poor bladder control
- Bowel incontinence and constipation
- Over active bladder and urge incontinence
- Pelvic floor training
- High-level athletes with continence issues or pelvic floor weakness
Pregnancy: Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Advice, assessment and treatment for pregnancy-related joint and muscle pain, nerve pain and movement dysfunction.
- Assessment of postnatal pelvic floor function
- Education and advice for exercise during pregnancy
- Pregnancy and post natal Pilates
- Post natal rehabilitation, including core and pelvic floor exercise programmes
- Pelvic pain and stability
- Pelvic Belts
Vaginal Prolapse (also known as pelvic organ prolapse)
Vaginal prolapse can be caused by vaginal child birth, chronic coughing, repeated heavy lifting and chronic constipation. Prolapse also tends to run in the family and is more likely after menopause.
We provide assessment and treatment to improve pelvic floor function to assist with the treatment of prolapse and associated symptoms including pain.
Do I need a referral?
You do not need a referral to see our women’s health physiotherapists, but you may be referred by your GP or gynaecologist
- Better BalanceMonday, 10:00 am - 10:45 amArmidale
- Better BalanceMonday, 10:45 am - 11:30 amArmidale
- Active OaksMonday, 11:30 am - 12:15 pmArmidale
- Living Well with Parkinson's DiseaseTuesday, 9:30 am - 10:15 amArmidale
- Gluco-cise Diabetes GroupWednesday, 8:30 am - 9:15 amArmidale
- Strength for Life (Men's Group)Wednesday, 10:00 am - 10:45 amTamworth
- Hipsters - Hip and Knee GroupWednesday, 1:00 pm - 1:45 pmArmidale
- Body BoomersThursday, 9:00 am - 9:45 amArmidale
- Tamworth GardensThursday, 9:00 am - 9:45 amTamworth
- Living Well with Parkinson's DiseaseThursday, 10:00 am - 10:45 amTamworth