- Is the chair backrest positioned correctly to support your lower back?
- Are you sitting as far back on the seat as possible?
- Is there at least a two finger-width gap between your
thighs and the underside of the desk?
- Are your feet flat on the floor or on a footrest?
- Are your wrists / forearms supported on the desk while
keying and using the mouse?
- Are your elbows close to your body with shoulders relaxed?
- Is the screen at a distance where you can see clearly and
easily without straining?
- Is the centre of the keyboard and screen positioned
directly in front of you?
- Is the document holder positioned between the screen
and the keyboard, or to the side of the screen?
- Are frequently used items, such as the telephone and
mouse, located close to you within easy reach.
You can also download the RSP Injury Prevention- how healthy is your workstation self assessment checklist here.
If you answered no to any of these questions, adjust the workstation to suit you.
Need help? Call Rusden Street Physiotherapy on 6772 1962.