Happy Holidays to all of our patients, friends and supporters. This year we started the tradition of a monthly newsletter to give you information to be healthy, happy and move better for life.
These holidays try and be active every day as musculoskeletal problems can impact the amount of physical activity you can do in the future. If you are concerned that you can’t achieve at least 30 minutes of moderate walking, a physiotherapist can create an individual program designed to meet your needs and improve your health.
- Instead of driving around town to look at the Christmas lights, take a stroll and enjoy our balmy summer evenings.
- Start a family tournament in a sport of your choice. Not great at sports? Try frisbee, kickball, darts or chasey to burn off the Christmas calories.
- Set up croquet, badminton or bocce in your backyard.
- Pack a picnic full of healthy treats and head out into the great outdoors. Trekking is a great workout and you also have the opportunity to take advantage of Australia’s beautiful parks and open spaces.
- Gardening is a great way to get active. Foster your family’s love of gardening with a vegie patch or herb garden.
- Beat the heat and take the dog for a walk in the cool of the morning.
- Make sure the family stays hydrated during periods of activity, drink lots of water, slap on a hat and sunscreen and wear loose protective clothing.
Most importantly, stay safe and have a great holiday period.